Dr. Ali Asgari
Dr. Asgari is a board-certified pediatric dentist originally from Southern California. He received his Bachelor of Science in Molecular Biology from the University of California, Santa Barbara in 1999. After graduating, Dr. Asgari was accepted into the prestigious Columbia University where he received his D.D.S. from the School of Dental and Oral Surgery in 2004.
At Columbia, Dr. Asgari was the editor-in-chief of the Columbia Dental Review, a student research journal. He was awarded the Dr. Lawrence H. Meskin Journalism Award for excellence in Dental Student Publication, an award given to one student in the nation annually.
He then completed a general practice residency at St. Barnabas Hospital where he received an award for excellence in laser dentistry. After completing his general practice residency, Dr. Asgari was accepted into the pediatric dentistry specialty at Mount Sinai Hospital. He served as chief resident in pediatric dentistry and authored various publications which appeared in local and nationwide dental journals.
Dr. Asgari continued to work in private practice while spending his free time teaching at the residency until 2009. Dr. Asgari received his Board Certification from the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry in 2009. His longing for his native Southern California and its beautiful weather led him back to San Diego where he has practiced in North County for the past 4 years.
He is a member of the AAPD, ABPD and College of Diplomates.
Dr. Asgari and his wife recently welcomed a son into their lives in March of 2013. The doctor is an avid basketball fanatic and a diehard Lakers fan as well as a car enthusiast.
Doctor Asgari is an automotive enthusiast who frequented many car meets and local car events. He is a very passionate sports fan and enjoys the NBA, MMA and FIFA. He is a lifelong and DIEHARD fan of the LA Lakers and Real Madrid! If you happen to catch him during lunch he might be cheering loudly watching one of their games. Admittedly he may have more knowledge in these sports than any other topic.
Fun Fact: His dream is to one day attend El Clasico at the Santiago Bernabeau in Madrid City.
- Apexification of A Non-Vital Pre-Molar Stemming From Possible Dens Evaginatus. Asgari, A. et al. New York State Dental Journal April 2009
- LASER Hard Tissue Application for Pediatric Patients. Alpha Omega Journal Volume 101, Number 3, September 2008
- Mucocele Resection – A Comparison of Two Techniques Using an Electrocautery and Er,Cr:YSGG Laser. Asgari et al. Dentistry Today Continuing Education Article April 2008
- Considerations for the Use of Enteral Sedation in Pediatric Dentistry. Yasny, J, Asgari, A. The Journal of Clinical Pediatric Dentistry Vol. 32 Number 2, 2008
- CEREC for the Pediatric Patient: A Case Report Asgari, A. et al Dentistry Today July 2007
- Laser Exposure of Unerupted Teeth Asgari, A. et al. New York State Dental Journal April 2007
- Aphthous Ulcers: Treatment and Case Report. Asgari, A, Jacobson, B., Mehta, M. Dentistry Today September 2006
- Laser Dentistry for Children Handbook – 2005-2006
- Laser Dentistry for Children DVD – Script Writer
- Applications of the Er,Cr:YSGG Laser for the Pediatric Patient: A Case Report. Lal, S., Asgari, A., Shaye, A. Columbia Dental Review Vol.9 (27-31) 2004
Why Patients & Their Parents Love Dr. Asgari…
“If you are looking for a dentist…look no more. Dr. Ali is the best dentist in town! He & his staff ARE AWESOME! I would never go to anyone else but him! We even talk about Dr. Ali & his staff during our family conversations. That’s how awesome he is. Dr. Ali is nothing but caring, gentle & loving. No complaints whatsoever! We love this office!”
– Chelo U., Carlsbad, CA
Dr. Nicole Bartolome
Dr. Nikki Bartolome was born and raised in San Diego and knew at an early age her passion for working with children. She earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Sciences with a Minor in Education from the University of California, Irvine, and continued her trek up the California coast to receive her Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree at the University of California, San Francisco. During dental school, Dr. Nikki served as a dental tutor and Anatomy Teaching Assistant, and also participated in community outreach events.
While enjoying the bay area, Dr. Nikki continued on to receive her Master's in Craniofacial Sciences Degree and completed her Pediatric Dentistry Residency at UCSF where she received the award for Excellence in Dental Care for the Pediatric Disabled Patient.
During her dental training, Dr. Nikki participated in dental missions trips providing dental care to underserved populations in Ensenada, Mexico and Taguig, Philippines, and hopes to continue serving children from all walks of life.
Now, Dr. Nikki is overjoyed to be back home in San Diego and excited to be serving her community. Dr. Nikki is an active member in the following dental organizations:
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- California Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- San Diego County Dental Society
On her spare time, Dr. Nikki enjoys spending quality time with her family and friends, travelling and exploring new places.
Publication:Rechmann, P., Bartolome, N., Kinsel, R. et al. (2017) Bond strength of etch-and-rinse and self-etch adhesive systems to enamel and dentin irradiated with a novel CO29.3 μm short-pulsed laser for dental restorative procedures. Lasers Med Sci 32: 1981.